The information on this page is intended to help our customers understand the requirements and processes for interconnecting projects to SCE’s electric system.
You can navigate through the sections below or you can get started by reviewing our introduction to SCE’s Generator Interconnection Processes.
- WDAT Queue Cluster Window #12, Opening Date: Monday, April 1, 2019, Closing Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
- Pursuant to the CPUC resolution E-4920 and E-4898 dated April 26, 2018, new interconnection requests will require UL-1741 SA certification with reactive power priority for smart inverters effective July 25, 2018. In addition, smart inverters must have the capability to perform Phase 3 Advanced Functions 5 & 6 effective February 22, 2019. It is the responsibility of the customer/installer/contractor to purchase equipment which meets all requirements including the new requirements adopted in E-4920 and E-4898. For more information, the California Energy Commission (CEC) has a website dedicated to the Rule 21 Smart Inverter Working Group or you may send an email to InterconnectionQA@sce.com.
- Distribution Group Study (DGS) Application Window #10, Opening Date: Friday, March 1, 2019, Closing Date: Monday, April 1, 2019. For more information view SCE's Rule 21 page.
- CAISO’s Distributed Generation Deliverability (DGD) Process. Information and prior years’ DGD allocation results are available on our page regarding Interconnections to the CAISO. Navigate and expand the following header for additional information: CAISO’s Distributed Generation Deliverability Assignment Application Window.
- Rule 21 Non-Export Interconnection Application is Now Available Online
- Interconnection Queue
- Distribution Resources Plan External Portal (DRPEP)
- Distributed Energy Resource Interconnection Map (DERiM)
- If you have any trouble accessing the above page, click here to see a complete list of supported browsers.
- DERiM User Guide
- Qualifying Facility Conversions
- Redacted Interconnection Study Reports
- Rule 21 Unit Cost Guide
- Request Base Case Data
DISCLAIMER: The guidelines in this section are provided with the intent to help SCE’s customers understand SCE’s Interconnection Procedures. However, in the case of discrepancies with SCE’s rules, such tariffs and regulations will prevail.