Effective January 1, 2013, these Southern California Edison (SCE) rate factors decreased:
- The California Department of Water Resources (DWR) bond charge decreased for all rates.
- The DWR energy credit decreased for all rates.
- The Public Purpose Programs Charge (PPPC) decreased for all rates, except California Alternate Rates for Energy Domestic Service (D-CARE) and Streetlighting rates.
- The Nuclear Decommissioning Charge (NDC) decreased for all rates.
Effective January 1, 2013, these SCE rate factors increased:
- The New System Generation Charge (NSGC) increased for all rates.
- The Under-collection Contribution (UC) charge increased for all applicable rates.
- The Transmission Owners Tariff Charge Adjustment (TOTCA) increased for all rates.
- The Generation total charge increased for all rates.
Effective January 1, 2013, these SCE rates changed (increased or decreased, based on tiered rate structure):
- The Distribution charge changed for all rates.
- The Conservation Incentive Adjustment (CIA) charge changed for all residential tier-structured rates.
The actual impact of these rate factor changes on customers’ bills will vary based on energy usage.
SCE’s current and revised CARE Surcharge and CARE Discount Percentage are listed below:
*The CARE Surcharge rate is shown in dollars/kWh. All non-CARE, non-Street Lighting customers pay this same amount on an equal dollars/kWh basis.